Age-related cognitive decline can impact what you understand, process, and remember. That’s why we developed newly reformulated Cognitex® Elite Pregnenolone: to provide the brain-friendly nutrients you need to support and maintain cognitive function and health at any age!
Benefits at a Glance:
- Now contains unique SIBELIUS™: SAGE extract
- Promotes rapid improvements in attention and focus1
- Encourages healthy mood and memory1
- Supports brain blood circulation and neurotransmitter balance2-4
- Offers brain plasticity and neuroprotective benefits5,6
- Helps inhibit inflammation in the brain7,8
More facts about Cognitex® Elite Pregnenolone
A healthy adult brain has about 100 billion nerve cells, and each one needs specific nutrients in order to perform optimally. Our Cognitex® formulas provide a steady supply of specially selected nutrients clinically shown to support brain health as you age.
SIBELIUS™: SAGE extract for attention and memory
Sage extract helps promote healthy levels of the essential neurotransmitter acetylcholine.9 In a double-blind placebo-controlled study in young healthy adults, sage extract promoted healthy mood and cognitive performance.10 Our Cognitex® Elite formula uses SIBELIUS™: SAGE — a unique sage extract with distinct health benefits not seen with other sage extracts. It also helps modulate healthy signaling of neurotransmitters like GABA, dopamine, serotonin, and more.
In a randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind clinical study in healthy older adults, 333 mg of SIBELIUS™: SAGE quickly improved accuracy of attention scores compared to a placebo after only 1 hour.1 This proprietary sage extract also rapidly encourages secondary (long-term) memory and promotes healthy blood flow within the brain.11 And in pre-clinical studies, it promoted healthy expression of genes involved in lipid metabolism and insulin signaling pathways.12
Vinpocetine supports brain health
Derived from the periwinkle plant, vinpocetine inhibits the phosphodiesterase type-1 enzyme to promote cognitive function.13-15 Vinpocetine supports healthy inflammatory response as well.7,8 It also enhances cerebral metabolism by helping maintain healthy blood flow and support oxygen and nutrient delivery to brain cells.2-4
Maintain mental focus and boost your mood with pregnenolone
The neurohormone pregnenolone modulates brain plasticity to help maintain healthy cognitive function,5,16,17 attention and memory performance.18,19 Pregnenolone helps promotes mood health as well.20,21
Pregnenolone also promotes healthy levels of acetylcholine to promote communication between brain cells,22,23 and support brain cells survival and growth.24 Pregnenolone also helps regulate GABA neurotransmitters to promote healthy chemical balance in the brain.25
Enhance brain function with AuroraBlue®
Blueberry phytonutrients can help inhibit age-related decline in cognitive and motor function.26,27 Wild blueberry extracts have been shown to inhibit oxidative and inflammatory factors in brain cells believed to affect memory health.28,29
Our formula uses AuroraBlue®, a whole-food complex of various blueberry species from pristine Alaskan tundra with powerful antioxidant properties.
Phosphatidylserine supports brain cellular structure and function
Phosphatidylserine (PS), an essential component of healthy cell membranes, is critical to brain metabolism and function, and supports brain-cell-to-brain-cell connections.6,30 Phosphatidylserine (PS) promotes healthy cognitive function, healthy memory, concentration, attention, and more.31-36 Additionally, PS helps the brain use its fuel efficiently by facilitating glucose metabolism and stimulating production of acetylcholine, a key neurotransmitter.37-39
Ashwagandha provides neuroprotective and brain-calming effects
Ashwagandha provides neuroprotective effects by promoting the healthy growth of axons and dendrites, nerve cell components that support brain and nervous system function.40-42 Ashwagandha also has beneficial effects on mood,43 and helps the body to adapt to stress44 to promote well-being. It inhibits an enzyme that breaks down acetylcholine, which helps to maintain youthful cognition and memory.45
Uridine-5'-Monophosphate supports healthy brain function
In pre-clinical studies, Uridine-5’-Monophosphate (UMP) has been shown to promote healthy levels of neurotransmitters acetylcholine and dopamine, which supports healthy brain function.46,47
PLEASE NOTE: This formula is also available without pregnenolone.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
SIBELIUS™ is a trademark of Sibelius Limited and used under license.
CHRONOSCREEN™ is a trademark of Chronos Therapeutics Limited and used under license from Sibelius Limited.
AuroraBlue® is a registered trademark of Denali BioTechnologies, Inc.
Dosage and Use
- Take two (2) tablets, preferably early in the day, with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Consult a physician or licensed qualified health care professional before using this product if you have, or have a family history of breast cancer, prostate cancer, or other hormone-sensitive diseases. Do not take this product if you have a history of seizures. If you are taking anticoagulant or antiplatelet medications, or have a bleeding disorder, consult your healthcare provider before taking this product.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
To report a serious adverse event or obtain product information, contact 1-866-280-2852.
- Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995 Nov 7;92(23):10806-10.
- Psychiatry Res. 2010 Jul 30;178(2):309-12.
- J Clin Psychiatry. 2010 Oct;71(10):1351-62.
- Mol Pharmacol. 2014 Oct;86(4):390-8.
- Biol Psychiatry. 2013 Jun 1;73(11):1045-53.
- Psychiatry Clin Neurosci. 2014 Jun;68(6):432-40.
- J Neurochem. 1998 Nov;71(5):2018-22.
- Neuroscience. 1998 Dec;87(3):551-8.
- Trends Endocrinol Metab. 2008 Oct;19(8):300-7.
- Neurosci Lett. 1988 Aug 1;90(3):279-84.
- Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2007 Apr;1100:470-85.
- Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 2010;58:3996-4000.
- Behav Brain Res. 2009 Mar 17;198(2):352-8.
- Nutr Neurosci. 2008 Aug;11(4):172-82.
- Annu Rev Biophys. 2010;39:407-27.
- Nutr Neurosci. 2008 Jun;11(3):103-10.
- Neurobiol Aging. 1981 Fall;2(3):209-13.
- Aging (Milano). 1993 Apr;5(2):123-33.
- Neurology. 1991 May;41(5):644-9.
- Nutrition. 2015 Jun;31(6):781-6.
- Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 1992;42(4):385-8.
- Dementia. 1994 Mar-Apr;5(2):88-98.
- Neurobiol Aging. 1987 Sep-Oct;8(5):403-7.
- Neurobiol Aging. 1985 Winter;6(4):337-9.
- Br J Pharmacol. 2005 Apr;144(7):961-71.
- Eur J Neurosci. 2006 Mar;23(6):1417-26.
- PLoS One. 2011;6(11):e27265.
- Phytomedicine. 2000 Dec;7(6):463-9.
- PLoS One. 2009 Aug 31;4(8):e6628.
- Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2004 Nov;52(11):1358-61.
- Brain Res. 2007 Feb 16;1133(1):42-8.
- J Mol Neurosci. 2005;27(1):137-45.